Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Over 800 Natural, Nontoxic, and Fragrant Recipes to Create Health, Beauty, and Safe Home and Work Environments
Completely updated, the best book on the topic available anywhere has just gotten better!
A necessary resource for anyone interested in alternative approaches to healing and lifestyle, this new edition contains more than 800 easy-to-follow recipes for essential oil treatments. No one has provided more thorough and accurate guidance to the home practitioner or professional aromatherapist than Valerie Ann Worwood.
In her clear and positive voice, Worwood provides tools to address a huge variety of health issues, including specific advice for children, women, men, and seniors. Other sections cover self-defense against microbes and contaminants, emotional challenges, care for the home and workplace, and applications for athletes, dancers, travelers, cooks, gardeners, and animal lovers. Worwood also offers us her expertise in the use of essential oils in beauty and spa treatments, plus profiles of 125 essential oils, 37 carrier oils, and more.
Since the publication of the first edition of this book 25 years ago, the positive impact of essential oil use has become increasingly recognized, as scientific researchers throughout the world have explored essential oils and their constituents for their unique properties and uses. Essential oil uses include:
- Basic Care Kit and Self Defense Kit
- Healing: colds; diarrhea; athlete's foot; burns; blisters; bruises; toothaches; allergies; and more
- Home: non-toxic disinfectant; air freshener; kitchen cleaner; dishwashing liquid
- Beauty and spa: bath salts; massage; body polishes and rubs; deodorants; face masks; antiwrinkle treatments; and more
- For Men: shaving treatments; sexual vigor; infertility; hair loss; jock itch
- For Women: PMS; pregnancy; postnatal boost; menopause; vaginal infections; breast care; candida; osteoporosis
- Sports and work life: anxiety; repetitive strain; stress; burnout; relaxation; screen stress; back ache
- Others: children; major illness and disease; travel kit; cooking; animal care; pest control; garden uses